Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt

Knock knock
Who's there?
Me!
Me who?
That's right!
What's right?
Meehoo!
That's what I want to know!
What's what you want to know?
Me, who?
Yes, exactly!
Exactly what?
Yes, I have an Exactlywatt on a chain!
Exactly what on a chain?
Yes!
Yes what?
No, Exactlywatt!
That's what I want to know!
I told you - Exactlywatt!
Exactly what?
Yes!
Yes what?
Yes, it's with me!
What's with you?
Exactlywatt - that's what's with me.
Me who?
Yes!
Go away!
Knock knock...

-Shel Silverstein

I always remember smiling when I'd read this poem when I was a kid. It's like the children's version of "Who's on First" by Abbot and Costello. Clever stuff.

Life is more fun when you get to imagine that this could be on the other side of your door just popping over to say hi!

1 comment:

  1. Hazel thinks this rhyme is really amazing :)

    ReplyDelete