I sure don't have to tell you that it's hot out- take one step outside past 9 AM and you'll probably start to sweat immediately. All you mothers-to-be out there have it even worse. Pregancy is a beautful thing, but no one likes to be overheated. Here are a few tips to "beat the heat", as they say.
- Stay hydrated!! Sounds so simple, but it's so important. Along with drinking plenty of water, try freezing some of your favorite lemonade or juices into icecubes to give you something to snack on.
- Go to your local water hole! Swimming is a quick and easy way to cool off. Maybe even just a cold shower would do.
- Do activities where there is AC. Go shopping, go to the movies. Yes, I'm telling you to go shopping!
- Stick your head in the freezer. Seriously.
- If swelling, or edema, is a problem (and sometimes, unfortunately, it's worse due to heat) try proping your feet up. Another tip is putting aloe or a mint-infused lotion in the fridge and applying to you legs and feet.