Thursday, June 30, 2011

Do you remember these?

Working in a consignment store, we see a lot of things come through- clothes, toys, books, you name it. And even though I'm all grown up I still remember a lot of the same things from when I was a kid. I get the most nostalgia when I see books come in that used to be my favorite. These were some of the best ones:


Maybe I had high levels of empathy as a kid. Maybe I just like happy endings and was glad Alexander didn't end up moving to Australia. But either way I always enjoyed this story reminding me things were not so terribe, horrible, no good or even very bad.



And of course, growing up in a house with two brothers made a book called The Stinky Cheese
Man very appealing. This collection of stories is a compilation of traditional fairy tales rewritten with a silly spin.

 

Then I remember every night before I went to bed I would not fall asleep until one of my parents read me this story; reassuring me that they will "love me forever, like me for always, as long as their living, their baby I'll be."  

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment